BY PARTICIPATING, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH ARE A CONTRACT.
- Sponsor. Visually Impaired Preschool Services (VIPS) is the sponsor of the 2022 VIPS Bourbon Raffle (“Raffle”). VIPS is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. The purpose of the Raffle is to raise funds for VIPS.
- Raffle Overview. The Raffle begins on September 1 and ends on September 30, 2022, or when tickets are sold out, whichever occurs first.
- Eligibility. Any person 21 years of age or older, residing where the Raffle is not prohibited, may purchase a ticket (“Ticket”) to be entered in the Raffle (such person shall be herein known as the “Ticket Holder”). An affidavit of eligibility may be required from Ticket Holders who win a prize. VIPS staff members and their immediate family members (in this instance known as spouses and children) are prohibited from purchasing Tickets.
- Rules. By purchasing a Ticket, each Ticket Holder accepts and agrees to be bound by all the rules, limitations, conditions, and restrictions set forth herein (the “Rules”), as well as all applicable local, state, and federal laws and regulations. VIPS’ decisions in all matters concerning the Raffle and its interpretation and application of the Rules shall be final. Please contact VIPS if you have questions regarding the Rules or the Raffle. The Raffle is void where prohibited by law.
- Releases. By purchasing a Ticket, each Ticket Holder releases VIPS, its directors, officers, employees, and agents, from any and all liability with respect to the raffle, including, but not limited to, the selection process and the interpretation and application of the Rules, and from any and all liability for injuries, losses, or damages of any kind caused by any prize or resulting from acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize, and each Ticket Holder agrees to indemnify and hold VIPS harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the winner’s acceptance or use of any prize. Each Ticket Holder agrees that his name, likeness, and any statements made by him regarding the prize may be disclosed to, and used by, the news media and may otherwise be used by VIPS for advertising or publicity purposes without compensation, and in lists of prize winners to be published in area newspapers and other media.
- Tickets. The cost to purchase a Ticket for the Raffle is $50.00 (U.S. Funds only). A maximum of 1,000 Tickets will be sold. Each Ticket has one number. Any eligible person may purchase more than one Ticket. Odds of winning depend on the number of valid Tickets sold. Tickets will not be sold after 12:00 a.m. EST, Thursday, September 29, 2022. Any unsold tickets become the property of VIPS and will not be included in the drawing. The IRS has taken the position that amounts paid for chances in raffles, lotteries, or similar drawings for valuable prizes are not gifts, and consequently do not qualify as deductible charitable contributions. A Ticket is not valid and shall not be entered in the Raffle until full and satisfactory payment for such Ticket is received by VIPS. Tickets are not transferable once purchased.
- Failure of Payment. If a Ticket Holder’s payment by credit card is declined or check is dishonored by the bank for any reason, such Ticket Holder’s Ticket shall be invalid and will not be entered in the drawing, unless full and satisfactory payment is made by 12:00 a.m. EST., Thursday, September 29, 2022. VIPS will endeavor to notify the invalidated Ticket Holder by phone at the number provided on the ticket purchasing website; however, any failure to do so shall not cause the Ticket to become valid, cause the Ticket to be entered in the Raffle, or give rise to any claim or cause of action on behalf of the invalidated Ticket Holder.
- Multiple-Party Tickets. In the event that more than one name is listed on a Ticket, the first name listed shall be deemed to be the Ticket Holder. Delivery or payment of the prize shall be made to the Ticket Holder. It is the responsibility of the Ticket Holder to allocate any such prize among the participants in a multiple-party Ticket and VIPS, its directors, officers, employees, and agents, shall have no liability for any failure to do so.
- Raffle Drawing. The Raffle Drawing shall take place on September 30, 2022, at 12:00 PM EST at 1906 Goldsmith Lane, Louisville, KY 40218. In order to be eligible for the Raffle Drawing, a Ticket Holder must have purchased their Ticket online before 12:00 a.m. EST, Thursday, September 29, 2022. Winning number will be randomly chosen, and the winner of the prize will be the Ticket Holder who has purchased a valid Ticket whose number matches the number chosen. If the Raffle is held, all prizes will be given away. If the Raffle is not held, all money will be returned to the Ticket Holders. There is no substitution of prizes. TICKET HOLDERS NEED NOT BE PRESENT TO WIN.
- Claiming a Prize. Winning Ticket Holders will be notified by phone and/or email at the number or email address provided via website when purchasing the Ticket. VIPS shall notify the winner within seven days of the drawing. The winner shall claim the prize within thirty days of the drawing. The name of the winner will be available at the Visually Impaired Preschool Services.
- Obligations of Winning Ticket Holders. Except as otherwise provided herein, the Ticket Holder who wins the prize is responsible for all costs associated with that prize, including, but not limited to, registration, licensing, delivery and other applicable fees, as well as all local, state, and federal taxes that may be applicable. Ticket Holders are advised to consult with a tax advisor to determine any tax liabilities.